Application → All guides
Customer → All guides
Income and employment → All guides
Property → All guides
Packaging guide → All guides
Generation Home Products and Services → All guides
Non UK Nationals
Where the Customer is a Foreign National, Generation Home will satisfy itself that the Customer is a UK resident and is entitled to live and work in the UK.
Generation Home defines UK Residency as an individual who is registered for, and pays, UK tax and has either:
- UK Citizenship
- EU settled or pre-settled status
- Indefinite Leave to Remain
- UK Spousal (5 or 10 year route) *Where applying in joint names
All Foreign Nationals are required to have a minimum of 3 years address and credit history within the UK and have current active UK credit.
Where applicants do not meet the above requirements e.g. have not been in the UK for 3 years or where they have entered on a Visa the following criteria will be applied:
- At least one customer on the application must have permanent right to reside in the UK (As defined above)
- Customer’s credit profile must evidence 2 years residence in the UK.
- Customer’s must have an appropriate visa with at least 2 years remaining at the point of mortgage completion OR EU settled or pre-settled status. Our appropriate Visa’s are as follows:
- Loan to Value (LTV) is <=80%
- Application total income is >=£100,000. This is the combined income of all applicants and therefore does not need to be the income of the customer who does not have permanent right to reside.
o Skilled Worker (previously known as Tier 2),
o Health & Care Worker
o Senior or Specialist Worker
o International Sportsperson
o Spousal Visa (5 or 10 route)
Leave to remain in the UK and all Visa’s outlined above must be evidenced by a stamp in the Customer’s passport or Biometric Residence Permit showing 'indefinite' rights to remain (this includes 'indefinite leave to remain', 'indefinite leave to enter' or 'no time limit').
Where an applicant has EU Settled or Pre-Settled status, Generation Home will require the applicant's immigration status online gov.uk share code. The code provided lasts for 30 days and enables us to view their immigration status.
Where any of the above documentation cannot be provided, Generation Home may require a Home Office letter to verify the applicants current residential status.
No exceptions to the above documentation are permitted.