Application → All guides
Customer → All guides
Income and employment → All guides
Property → All guides
Packaging guide → All guides
All borrowers (Home Owners and Income Boosters) are credit checked. A fully submitted mortgage application will leave a hard credit footprint.
Any individuals that are associated to the owner(s) through continuing linked finances, marriage or civil partnerships must be added to the application as an owner. Each owner is subject to the same checks, whether contributing to the mortgage or not.
A credit report provides 6 years worth of credit history.
For further guidance on credit please refer to our Credit FAQ page.
CCJs (Country Court Judgements)
CCJ = An account registered as a CCJ
- CCJ’s that have been active within the last 3 years >£100 are not acceptable
- CCJ’s satisfied within the last 3 years <=£100 can be considered where supported by a strong rationale
- CCJ’s satisfied more than 3 years ago can be considered
Default = An account in a defaulted status
- Defaults that have been active within the last 3 years >£100 are not acceptable
- Defaults within the last 3 years <=£100 can be considered subject to Underwriter assessment and approval
- Defaults satisfied more than 3 years ago can be considered
An account in a defaulted state will only not be classed as a default when:
- The default is settled (Has a settled or partial settled marker)
- The account default status is removed
- No active Payday loans within 6 months.
- Secured Debt – Mortgages must be back to repaying full instalments
- Unsecured Debt – case will be declined if there is a payment holiday within the last 6 months.
Within the last 3 months
- Mortgage payments: No mortgages to have missed a payment
- Unsecured lending: No financial agreement to be more than 1 month in arrears
Within the last 3 years
- Mortgage payments: No mortgage to be more than 1 month in arrears
- Unsecured lending: No financial agreement to be more than 1 month in arrears (Arrears balances <£100, ≤3 months in arrears may be considered subject to Underwriter assessment and approval)
Customers who have entered into in the last 6 years (or intend to enter) one of the following are not acceptable:
- Bankruptcy/ Sequestration Order
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) / Trust Deed
- Debt Management Plan (DMP)
- Administration Order
- Debt Relief Order