We’re required to verify the current address of all of our customers, including owners, income boosters and deposit boosters.
We will attempt to verify the customer’s address using the electoral roll in the first instance.
For deposit boosters, consent must be obtained to run a standalone credit search to collect their electoral roll data. No other credit data will be used.
Where we can’t confirm the customer’s address on the electoral roll, one documentary proof of address will be required.
The following document types are acceptable:
- Bank statement (must be dated within the last 3 months)
- Credit card statement (must be dated within the last 3 months)
- Utility bill (must be dated within the last 3 months)
- Mortgage statement (must be dated within the last 12 months)
- Council tax demand (must be dated within the last 12 months)
- Current full UK/EU driving licence
- Current UK/EU photo provisional driving licence
- HMRC or government issued letter, statement or demand (must be dated within the last 12 months)
- Where a current full UK/EU driving licence has been used as proof of identity, it can’t also be used for proof of address.
- Proof of address cannot come from the same source or institution as the proof of identity. For example we would not accept a bank statement and a credit card statement both from HSBC.
- Optional services such as cable TV, internet or mobile phones are not considered to be utility bills.